We just got this great cookbook from a friend and committed to doing a recipe each week. The book is Home Cooked by Anya Fernald. It is really spectacular. Our first recipe was Sofritto. Basically its a sauce starter that you can use for marinara sauce to soups and the backbone for gravies. We more than trippled her recipe and pressure cooked it all. The recipe is below the pictures. Enjoy this. We sure did.
14 Cut Organic Carrots
14 Cut Organic Celery Stalks
14 Organic Onions Cubed
2 cups olive oil
2 cups Organic Chicken Bone Broth
Add salt and pepper to taste.
1. Put all veggies in a large pot and cook until they're soft and onions are translucent.
2. Mix veggies with hand blender.
3. After cooling, scoop into either pint or half pint jars. I split them even and will use half-pint jars for gravy starts and pint jars for soups and sauces.
4. Seal with pressure cooker. I used my large one and could stack all 23 jars at one time.
5. Your kitchen will smell amazing now, and you're ready for any amazing dinner you want to whip up.